4/20/10

DEWALT DW7460 Mobile Base

Cheap DEWALT DW7460 Mobile Base Review




At the time I bought my DW746 table saw Amazon was offering this base as an added bonus (for the same price). If I had to order this thing separately, I probably would have tried to make something less expensive work for me. I am so glad that I have this base instead!

What I like about this product:

1. This thing is STOUT. The construction of this base is very heavy duty. Although my DW746 is a heavy beast, I am sure the base would handle much more weight than I am throwing on it with this saw.

2. The lift pedal mechanism works very smoothly. Another reviewer describes this base as having a tendency to 'drop' the saw when you are lowering the foot pedal. I noticed the same thing on the demo model I looked at in a Woodcraft store. Mine however does NOT seem to do this yet. I don't know if DeWalt tweaked it to fix the problem or I just got lucky...

3. I appreciate the fact that this base allows you to bolt the legs of the saw right to it - giving the saw cabinet even more stiffness and strength.

4. Once you have depressed the foot pedal, this thing smoothly and easily rolls the saw wherever you want it. Tight turns and small debris on the floor do not seem to pose a problem for this base.

What I don't like:

1. The price. Actually mine was included in a package deal, so I have no complaints. However, if I had to go buy the thing I would be chafing at the price.

A PIECE OF ADVICE:

If you buy this at the same time as you buy the DW746 saw remember this. The saw is shipped upside down in the crate. Assemble the base and attach it to the saw legs BEFORE you turn the saw right side up. Otherwise it is a real bear for two people to set the saw on the base while trying to line-up the bolts that attach legs to base...

Overall observations:

This is a very high quality product that you really will need and use all of the time if you buy it. I cannot say that you will be happy with the price tag, but once you make the investment you will never regret owning this accessory!






DEWALT DW7460 Mobile Base Overview


This DEWALT mobile base is a great accessory to have when you need to move your DEWALT DW746 woodworker's table saw effortlessly around your work area. It's easy to assemble and operate and includes exclusive features, including the quick-foot action lock and release that allows you to simply raise and lower the base with one foot. Other features include the easy to adjust leveling feet and large wheels for added mobility. Durably crafted out of all metal, the DW746 is built to last.



*** Product Information and Prices Stored: Apr 20, 2010 17:59:52

No comments:

Post a Comment