3/24/10

DeWalt DW7150PT 10-Inch 50 Tooth ATB Combination Saw Blade with 5/8-Inch Arbor and Tough Coat Finish

Cheap DeWalt DW7150PT 10-Inch 50 Tooth ATB Combination Saw Blade with 5/8-Inch Arbor and Tough Coat Finish Review




This blade is such a nice bargain. For around , it comes close to my Infinity, Forrest, and Ridge Carbide blades, and holds its own against my many of my mid level Freud, Tenryu, and CMT blades, some of which cost nearly twice as much. For a 50T blade it feeds surprisingly easily, enabling it to go through thick stock more easily than most similar blades. Crosscuts were very clean, and rip cuts give glue ready edges. It's very versatile overall, and easy for smaller saws to spin, though the swirl marks are slightly more pronounced than those left by my Infinity Super General, Freud LU88, and Forrest WWII.

My complaint...the paint job and letting are a bit sloppy. It took a bit of sanding the coating out of the bore to get it to mount to the arbor, and I'm finding that the lettering smudges off pretty easily, but other than that I'm quite pleased. Super choice for an all around workhorse on a non-industrial table saw, and should be fine for general miter saw work (the hook is too steep for a sliding miter saw though). Plus, the bright yellow makes it really easy to find in my rack! It was also nice to see that its made in the UK, and not in China. I would have rated it 5-stars for the price had it not been for needing to cleanup the arbor hole.








*** Product Information and Prices Stored: Mar 24, 2010 16:20:51

No comments:

Post a Comment